College students love branded swag. It’s always fun to get their hands on trendy, free items that can make their college experience more enjoyable. For example, most college students don’t think about bringing an umbrella to campus. If your brand can anticipate these needs ahead of time, students will think positively of you.
Getting college kids to rock branded swag is easy – as long as you give them relevant, useful and popular products. This age group cares about practicality, comfort and trendiness – reasons why athleisure is such a hit. Here are the dos and don’ts of encouraging college students to wear branded clothing – and owning it.
- Choose comfortable materials. If you want college kids to wear your swag with a smile on their faces, it must be comfortable. Cotton is a popular fabric, but experiment with others such as jersey fabric or polyester.
- Opt for durable qualities. Along with the material, consider some of the features that will appeal to an 18-24 year old. Walking around campus, students often appreciate moisture wicking technology and snag resistant fabric.
- Keep it simple. Young students won’t mind wearing branded tees, but you don’t want to go overboard with your name and logo. Select a simple design that balances your brand name with a fashionable shirt. Plus, this ensures your shirt will be worn out to more places!
- Use school colors. College kids love wearing clothing with their school’s colors. If it makes sense, find ways to incorporate the team colors into your designs. Students will be instantly drawn to your apparel, and it shows you’ve done your research.
- Forget the power in being green. Millennials and Gen Zs are more conscious of the environment than other generations. Use this to your advantage by introducing swag that is eco-friendly. Examples include recycled water bottles, t-shirts made from organic cotton and reusable shopping bags.
- Skip on quality and style to save money. If you want to ensure that your swag will be worn on campus, you can’t go with the cheapest option. Put a bit of money into the apparel so that it’s likely to be worn to the gym, the library and class. Your swag will always be working for you!
- Limit yourself to a cotton tee. There is so much more to branded swag than a cotton tee. A heather patterned tee in a solid color is stylish and cozy. If you’re marketing to college athletes, try a locker shirt by a known brand like Under Armour. Endurance tees, game v-necks and baseball tees are other options to consider.
Now that everyone is back to school, you have new opportunities to connect with students and put your brand front and center. To find the perfect back-to-school branded swag for your audience to wear, shop with Inkwell Global Marketing today!