Reaching prospects and customers is always a bit of a challenge, but now marketers must also account for the coronavirus. Due to the pandemic, there are fewer opportunities to connect with people in person. Most trade shows, expos and conventions have been cancelled or postponed, leaving brands to be more creative about how and when they reach their target audience.
With all the changes happening, more brands have gone back to the basics: direct mail. Direct mail campaigns are easy and affordable to set up, plus they deliver a great response rate and ROI. But rather than sending a standard postcard or brochure, use this opportunity to send your target audience a handy and memorable promotional product.
What Benefits Can I Expect from a Direct Mail Campaign?
Direct mail advertising is the process of sending special offers and promotions by mail. It’s always been an excellent marketing tool, but it’s even more so now that people are spending more time at home. Here are some benefits to direct mail advertising:
- Highly targeted. Direct mail allows you to reach a highly targeted audience. You can pick specific routes, zip codes and addresses. Some of the easiest and least expensive targeting options include Age, Gender, Hobbies and Income.
- Less competition. There’s a lot of noise on the internet, but not so much in the mailbox. In fact, when was the last time you received a special offer in the mail? By sending oversized magnets, postcards and interactive mailers, your brand will stand out and get the recognition it deserves.
- Works well with digital marketing. Direct mail campaigns are a great asset to digital marketing. Include QR codes, social media links and online-only offers so that customers can take the next step to interact with your brand online.
- Build brand loyalty. A piece of mail looks more trustworthy than online ads often do. Not to mention, people love receiving unexpected gifts in the mail! Holding a tangible item also creates positive connections with your brand.
Best Promotional Products to Mail Out
When choosing branded swag to include in your marketing initiatives, it’s important to balance practicality, usefulness and cost. Here are some of our top recommendations for promo items sent via mail:
- Technology gadgets. Most tech items are lightweight and inexpensive. Ideas include webcam covers, USB flash drives, silicone tech pockets and sanitizer phone wipes.
- Product samples. Have a great product you want people to try? Show the difference between your products and others by mailing out product samples. Don’t forget to include a coupon!
- Office items. With people working from home, think about some items that will help them stay organized – calendars, letter openers, microfiber cleaning costs, bookmarks with magnifiers and more.
Start a Promotional Product Campaign Today
Inkwell USA works with businesses of all sizes to launch affordable, effective and memorable campaigns using branded swag. If you’re looking for a way to connect with your audience during COVID, sending them a promotional product in the mail is a great way to accomplish your goals. Contact us today to discuss your ideas for your next campaign.