Did you know that Thanksgiving is the most popular running holiday of the year? (It’s actually twice as popular as New Year’s Day!) And it’s not that far away. Whether you’re organizing a non-profit charity walk-a-thon, planning a local road race or even your first obstacle course race, run and walk promotional products can help your message take off and influence hundreds of people at a time.
Take a Step In the Right Direction: Our Top 10 Run and Walk Promotional Products
There’s no shame in wearing race swag like a badge of honor – it is. So, whether you’re planning a charity walk, team relay race, or outfitting a 5k team with custom t-shirts, dress your team for total domination. Here are a few more run and walk promotional products to inspire your next event.
- T-Shirts – Some people run for the rush. Others run for health. But we know the real truth… most people run for the shirt! T-shirts are literally your walking billboard, but they are just the start.
- Headwear – Keep the sun out of their eyes with a flat bill cap or soft fit solid active wear cap. Or with winter on the way, keep them warm with a knit cap; all customized with your logo or messaging, of course.
- Socks – Step up awareness for your cause and transform the whole look of your promotion with a head-turning accessory. Bright colorful unisex crew socks are a great way to evoke curiosity and economically build your brand.
- Headband – Sweaty Bands headbands are perfect for your marathon or charity walk. The inner velvet lining won’t slip while they run!
- Water Bottles – Water bottles are a great giveaway to advertise your organization or cause because people actually keep them. According to the Advertising Specialty Institute, 25% of people in the United States own logoed drinkware.
- Ear buds – Give participants customized ear buds so they can listen to their top tunes while they race to the finish line!
- Sweat Towels – Reusable sport towels are super quick absorbing and quick drying. Get repeat exposure with our sport towel in plastic case that’s sure to create a buzz.
- Wrist Band – Spread awareness for your cause and hand out fully customized wrist bands with more than enough space for your logos and promotional text.
- Bags – Hand out a lycra running belt fanny pack by itself or a budget-friendly drawstring bag as a giveaway to participants stuffed with other race and walk promotional items, like a water bottle, t-shirt, wrist band, and more.
- Hot/Cold Pack – Treat strains and muscle pain after the race with a mini hot/cold pack customized with your logo and color scheme or a ribbon shaped gel therapy pack to spread awareness for your cause.
Road Race Fun Facts
And just for fun, here are some fun facts about walk and run road races.
- Last year, the 5K distance road race maintained the number one position in popularity and total finishers of all races.
- The top U.S. marathon is the TCS New York City Marathon, Bank of America Chicago Marathon comes in second, Boston third.
- The top half marathon is the Brooklyn Half Marathon, Nike Women’s Half Marathon San Francisco comes in second, Rock n’ Roll Las Vegas third.
- Females represent 57% of the runners from last year.
- The sweet spot of running event participation continues to fall between the ages of 25 and 44 for both genders. And 45-54 isn’t that far behind.
- 1 in 4 are walking (or running) around with a promotional product right now! Get yours in their pocket!
Leave the Others in the Dust
Why does this matter? You must know your demographic as you’re planning your promotions so you can sprint ahead and leave the competition in the dust! For trendy road race gifts that last and fun giveaways that get your message across fast, Inkwell is has what you need.
Want to see more products? Register for our FREE Promotional Product Tradeshow at the exciting Dave & Busters on 42nd Street in the “Heart of Times Square” on Tuesday, September 27.