Small and medium-sized businesses benefit from custom promotional merchandise. By building an inclusive promotional marketing strategy, you can bring in qualified customers, increase brand awareness and ensure long-term success.
When setting up a promotional marketing campaign, there are some practices you’ll want to follow and some you’ll want to avoid. Thankfully, you can learn from other businesses who have done this before, saving your company time, money and headaches.
Below are the do’s and don’ts of promotional marketing.
- Aim for your target market. The more you know about your customer, the better you can speak their language. What are their pain points? What challenges are they looking to solve? How does your product or service make their life easier?
- Decide your method of distribution. How do you plan to reach your target market? There are a number of ways to do this such as with branded swag or a direct mail postcard. Think about the type of item your audience would like to receive.
- Add a call to action. Let customers know what you expect from them. Do you want them to visit your website? Call your phone number? Every marketing campaign has an objective, so be sure that your campaign supports it.
- Delay ordering. It can take time to find the right promotional products in NJ and have them delivered, so don’t delay ordering your products. Plan ahead so that you get the items and quantities you want and have time to accommodate unforeseen problems.
- Be generic. A strong marketing strategy ensures your brand is seen for the right reasons. So, make the most of it! Avoid using this opportunity to send your customers generic merchandise that they’ve seen from other brands. Be different and look for ways to stand out.
- Make lead capturing difficult. If you are planning on giving away branded swag in exchange for something else like an email address, make it easy for customers to convert. Ask only for the information you need and have a system for capturing it quickly and efficiently.
Promotional marketing is a valuable tool that will help you reach your intended target and ensure they understand your message. By following the do’s and don’ts for custom branded merchandise, you can learn what works for your brand and fine tune your campaigns for the best results.