Corporate gift giving is when your company sends a gift to a prospect, client or employee with the intention of creating a connection. Popular corporate swag gift ideas include branded apparel, personalized notebooks and tumblers. These small gifts are an excellent way to recognize the people who support your brand throughout the year.
Now that the holiday season is upon us, you might be wondering if corporate gifting is something you need to do this year, and if so, how to not suck at it. Fortunately, Inkwell has the information you need to be a successful corporate gift giver.
Why is Corporate Gifting Important?
Corporate gifting matters because it builds brand recognition, engagement and loyalty. When people feel positively toward a brand, they’re more likely to do business with them. Corporate gifting is so impactful, this article points out that it has shifted from a routine to a priority.
Keep in mind that you can give corporate gifts to the following individuals:
- Help people become aware of your products and services. Gifting an item to a prospect keeps your brand front and center while also showing them how you treat customers.
- It’s easier to sell to existing clients than new ones! Keep your clients happy and content by providing them with gifts and perks.
- Corporate gifting happens internally as well. Show your employees that you value them, and use corporate apparel to unite teams and departments.
Remember, not only does corporate gifting acknowledge these individuals, but also they provide you with free advertising!
How to Be an Effective Corporate Gift Giver
When handing out corporate gifts, the key is to choose relevant, trendy and high quality promotional items. This is your time to shine, so don’t hand over a cheap plastic item that will break in a day or two.
Here are some tips on how to be an effective corporate gift giver:
- Determine your budget so that you know what you can spend.
- Partner with a holiday gifting company like Inkwell to order custom products. Make sure the company offers personalization as well.
- Order various “levels” of products. For example, you can give a corporate gift basket to your top clients.
- Ask for samples of the products you’re interested in. Make sure the items meet your standards for quality.
- Have a conversation early about the logistics of your items. Do you plan on having everything shipped to your office or to the client’s home? Will your orders arrive on time?
Inkwell sells top-quality branded swag and merchandise for businesses of all sizes. Contact us today to learn more about our promotional items and how they can be used as part of a corporate gift giving strategy.