TikTok calls itself the “destination for short-form mobile videos.” Most videos range between five and 60 seconds but can extend up to 3 minutes, and creators have access to a wide range of filters and effects to make their videos more entertaining. The mobile app also offers an expansive video library where creators can choose what they want playing in the background.
While many people use TikTok, it’s most popular among teenagers and young adults – also known as Gen Zs. If this is your audience, you can probably bet they’re spending plenty of time here. So how can you use TikTok to leverage your younger audience and deliver more of the stuff they love? Let’s find out!
How TikTok is Changing Marketing and Branded Swag
Young people spend a lot of time on social media, especially apps like Snapchat and TikTok. They’re filled with short videos and entertaining music, making it easy to become absorbed. Because of the amount of traffic TikTok gets, marketers are also drawn to this channel.
As a marketer, here are some things to know about TikTok:
- Because of its fast-paced nature, Gen Zs spend an average of 52 minutes a day on the app. Plus, 90 percent of TikTok users use the app daily.
- TikTok is most popular among teenagers. This app can open you up to new audiences from over 150 countries, including Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- Brand influencers are active on TikTok. These names might not be known in the real world, but they surely are among Gen Zs!
- Creative influencers also utilize TikTok to promote their products and services, engage with like-minded communities and reach new audiences.
- Many TikTok users prefer raw and truthful material, unlike Instagram where most images are perfectly polished.
What All This Means for Your Swag Promotional Items
If you have a young audience, there’s no question that you want to get your branded swag into their hands. Imagine all the places your name and logo can go – school, extracurricular activities, concerts, sports games, beaches, etc. Fortunately, TikTok gives you a platform to connect with a young audience and show off your custom marketing products.
First, consider that TikTok users are actively engaged. Because they spend a lot of time watching videos, this increases the chances your swag will be seen. And, if you can get an influencer to wear or use your swag, you’ll be even more successful! People will be instantly drawn to your products and want to know where to get them.
Second, you can incorporate promotional items into your short videos to show off your brand’s personality. Feature branded swag in your videos, offer it as a reward as part of a contest or giveaway and build excitement for upcoming events. Be sure to use the filters and special effects to draw more attention to your products.
Partner with Inkwell and Shine on TikTok
If you want to connect with Gen Zs, TikTok is the place to meet and interact with them. And because young people like authentic content, you can throw on a cozy branded sweatshirt and do a dance and people will love you for it! To discuss a promotional marketing strategy that aligns with TikTok or another social media channel, contact Inkwell today.